Wednesday 8 June 2016

VALUING MYSELF

I have been writing for sometime without justifying the name of my blog. I have written on food, lifestyle, taken up reviews, for other forums etc I was wondering where is my mood then? I planned my blog to take a direction and I started writing accordingly, when it took a flight it was en-route to that direction. Today I have decided to be governed only by my mood. And it is a completely different topic, completely different field & would be a completely different approach from what I have been dealing with so far.
Philosophy being my base & mother subject I feel very strong inclination towards the subject though destiny took me somewhere else in due course as I got diverted to Training & Management. I have been planning to pursue a substantial research work on Philosophy in/of /&Management .As a ground work I thought of writing an article on Ethics in Sustainable Business Practices. The abstract has already been published in one of the journals of a leading Management Institute. I am in the process to develop it.
The abstract goes thus:

Role of ‘Ethics’ in Sustainable Business Practices and ‘Ethical Leadership’

‘Ethics’ is a Philosophical term originating from the term ‘Ethos’ meaning ‘custom’ or ‘character’. The classical term “Ethics” when applied in “business” includes not only the analysis of moral norms and values, but also attempts to apply the conclusions of the analysis to the assortment of institutions,technologies,transactions,activities and pursuits that we call business. The study would highlight a) co-relation between ethics and business b) the disparity between the mission statement and the unethical business practices of different companies c) how the unethical business practices lead to disaster d) how ethical conduct alone can resolve many problems & not laws, formulations of norms. An intelligent policy-maker or manager can think for better ethical alternatives for tackling corruption rather than to be tackled by law alone e) Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
 ‘Ethical Leadership’ is more than ‘Walk the Talk’. A leader who adheres to a more universal standard of moral and ethical behavior and inspires and enables people and the organizations to do the right thing is considered an ‘Ethical Leader’. The study would discuss the characteristics of an Ethical Leader, his role in fostering followers’ ethical behavior and sustenance of business.

I leave the topic here today. It is an open invitation to all my valued readers if you wish to provide any useful data,example,article or case study  on any of the points above so that the theories could be grounded I would be more than happy.
I would continue writing on the said topic may it have any direct connection with the article or not for some time now onward as demanded by my mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment