Saturday 14 March 2015



Image result for long curly hair painting imagesUgh my hair, It’s not fair, It’s so puffy, And scruff
And so long, So wavy, Soo golden, But a pain to brush
The heat doesn’t help, Whant am I goanna do, With my head of hair……..

Looking back at my young age,we didn't get improved shampoo or conditioner those days to de-tangle my hair.I only had a helping hand to help control my hair and when I became capable hair left me. In this connection let me try to understand some facts about hair. Unlike other tissues of the body, scalp hair and body hair are not essential to our physical well-being. The loss of scalp hair by the physiologic process of balding (androgenetic alopecia) does not make us ill. The graying of hair by the physiologic process of aging does not induce any metabolic changes in our bodies.
Image result for long curly hair painting imagesImage result for long curly hair painting imagesWhy, then, do we care so much when we lose hair by balding or lose hair color by aging?
We care because scalp hair isn't just any tissue. It has special significance for us that is manifested in social, cultural and religious settings. Our hair-especially our scalp hair-is one of the principal presentations of "self" we make to the world. In modern cultures, this presentation of "self" is enhanced by a variety of products marketed by a multi-billion-dollar hair cosmetics industry, reflecting the importance we give to presenting a properly prepared image of "self" to ourselves and to the world. Hair transplantation and other surgical and pharmacologic methods of hair restoration were developed and came to maturity along with other medical advances of the Twentieth and Twenty-first Centuries. Surgical and pharmacologic hair restorations were rapidly accepted by the public.  Survey data indicate that annually more than 360,000 persons world-wide avail themselves of surgical and/or medical hair restoration procedures.
 
Image result for long curly hair painting imagesWe don't often think about the symbolic importance of scalp hair in our daily lives. Hair is, for most of us, a "fact of life". We may suddenly find ourselves thinking about it when our hair begins to thin. Faced with the loss of an important part of our social and cultural "self", we find ourselves making a decision: should hair loss be accepted as a "fact of life", or is hair restoration an option we want to consider? The loss of scalp hair will not make us physically ill. However, loss of scalp hair may have emotional and psychological consequences.
Image result for long curly hair painting imagesI am not indifferent to myself, neither to the world. And that is the reason why I became so interested to take up this Happy hair challenge.Other than ageing hair fall, dullness, dryness & breakage of hair have many other reasons. I personally had to go through lots of stress both at personal and professional front. Both emotional and physical stresses have been associated with hair loss. It is possible that stress induces hormonal changes that are responsible for the hair loss. High fever, acute trauma (surgery, physical injury or psychological trauma), severe dieting (inadequate protein and iron intake), underactive or overactive thyroid, diseases such as diabetes and lupus, chemotherapy, medications, Burns or radiation therapy etc.are generally other reasons.

Image result for Flower and hairNow what is the Therapy for these types of hair loss? Mostly reassurance, if the loss is due to a birth, illness, or a self-limited problem, it will stop and will not progress to baldness. New hair shafts will come in and in a few months the hair loss will diminish. Eventually the hair will grow back and become normal. Obviously if the loss was due to a medication, the drug should be stopped.
For the growth and to maintain it we need to take care of our hair. Because of our hectic schedules, we don’t get the time to make and use homemade remedy for hair problems. So we rely on drugstore shampoos and conditioners. There are many products in the market which claim to reduce hair fall and make the hair healthy. Some contain active natural ingredients while others contain balancing chemical formulas to help you restore your hair. Again not everything works well for everyone.

Image result for garnier tagline images
Today, my review is about a hair product. So, I think I should mention my hair type. As I stated earlier I have curly hair. Though my hair is extremely curly, my hair used to be soft and smooth until recently. It has become rough and coarse with hair breakage and hair fall these days. I guess that’s because of the excessive stress combined with the pollution in Kolkata. When I came across Garnier “Triple Nutrition Range” recently, I had to give it a try, and I am glad I tried it out. This range is made up of natural ingredients which I mentioned in my earlier post.
The shampoo is runny in consistency, white in colour, and a few drops are required each time. Unlike other products, I required a very less quantity to wash my oiled hair. Most importantly, I had little or no hair fall during and after shampooing. It added a bounce to my hair. It is very well priced for a product that is so effective. The split ends evaded in 10-12 uses and my hair feels nourished. It perhaps strengthened my hair roots, hence my hair-fall got restricted now-a days. Since the shampoo itself brings a smooth outcome I sometimes do not require conditioner even. Here is my updated photograph after using the shampoo and the conditioner.
The positives of the Shampoo:


      Image result for Garnier catch lines
    •  It is a reputed brand
    •  It is affordable
    •  Hydrates and nourishes hair
    •  Frizz control and tangling problems do not arise
    • It requires a small quantity
    • Well packaged
    •  Made up of natural ingredients and has rejuvenating fragrance
    •  Gives a silky look and reduces breakage






  • The negatives:

  • Image result for romantic hair quotesMy scalp becomes oily very often and I feel like using it daily.It is runny in consistency so there is a tendency to roll down out of my palm.

    I WOULD HAPPILY LOVE TO GET ADDICT TO GARNIER...........

          http://www.medicinenet.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment