Tuesday 17 February 2015

Image result for quotes on hairWhen I blog I breath fresh air. Each time I try to choose diverse topics – from food of different styles to lifestyle. Now I am going through a novel experience of performing a task to personally work on a product, use, feel the change, evaluate and write a review article. It is a challenge for me – Happy Hair Challenge with Garnier India.

Image result for dolls hairstylesHair has never been a major concern for me but I remember it used to play a mystique role in my ever curious mind right from the childhood days. Where it is coming from, how it grows, how interestingly different people have different kinds of hair, how would I look if my hair grows, how would my boy doll look like having hair like the girl doll, how the girl doll would look like if she becomes bald so on and so forth. And all my imaginative experiments used to get implemented on my poor gang of dolls. They had to have all kinds of weird hairstyles according to my wish and will. Later,I understood hair is far more complex than it appears on the surface. We all know that it not only plays a vital role in the appearance of both men and women, but it also helps to transmit sensory information as well as create gender identification.
Image result for images of beautiful hairImage result for images of beautiful hairIt has special significance for us that is manifested in social, cultural and religious settings. Our hair-especially our scalp hair-is one of the principal presentations of "self" we make to the world. Great cultural and religious symbolism is attached to hair and its display in many societies. In some traditional cultures, there are social and/or religious rules governing how, when and to whom a woman may display her scalp hair. A religiously symbolic meaning is seen in the shaven, bald scalps of male monks who choose a life of chastity and poverty. In the "Hippie" era of the 1960s in the U.S. and Europe, men grew long hair as an indication of their standing as "outsiders" who refused to participate is a society they claimed to abhor. The symbolism was powerful, and it still defines the 1960s as the era of long male hair and "protest”. Scalp hair fashions of movie, television and pop music celebrities have a significant impact on hair styles of everyday life. Carefully shaped and styled hair is essential to the well-groomed look that traditionally symbolizes trustworthiness and sincerity in the business world. Contrarily, hair worn in a tangled and matted style may symbolize a significant cultural position when worn by a magnate of the pop music industry. The enforcement of short-hair style on women is a practice associated with punishment. Loss of her hair, and by implication her "self", symbolizes the infraction of rules for which she is punished. In liberated countries of post-World War Two Europe, women who were identified as collaborators with occupying troops were often shaven bald and forced to march down the street before jeering crowds.


Image result for indian business mens hairstyles imagesNow all over the world popular magazines speak volumes about the importance of hair length, hair color and hair styling as a presentation of "self". Hair is as important as body weight, body height and body shape in the totality of "body image"- the "self" we see in the mirror and the "self" we want to present to the world. While hair styling is often associated with women more than with men, a look at "men's magazines" makes clear that men also take their hair style seriously.
                              
Garnier (French pronunciation: ​[ɡaʁnje]) is a mass market cosmetics brand of L'Oréal that produces hair care and skin care products. The company started as Laboratoires Garnier in 1904, and was acquired by L'Oréal in the 1970s.Garnier is sold in numerous countries worldwide, with specific product lines targeted for different skin types and cultures.Garnier hair care and skin care products is one of the highest luxury brands used in Asia - China, Japan & India. 
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Strengthening Shampoo
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Strengthening Shampoo
I have received 'New deep action Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Strengthening Shampoo' and 'New deep action Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Strengthening Conditioner'.In consumer behaviour we learnt a package is the face of a product.By that I must agree it has a very attractive face.Gorgeous yellowish orange colour of the bottle itself produces a glow.The shampoo is a combination of coconut,almond and olive oil and enriched with fruit vitamins which has a triple nourishment effect on scalp,length and tips.Price is Rs.135 for 175 ml.It nourishes the damaged hair and the vitamin E component of these oils help moisturise the scalp and get rid of the dryness.

The shampoo bottle cap that drops on the bathroom floor or down the sink, the jam bottle refuses to open as per the instruction,the last bit of shampoo that is retrievable only by balancing the bottle upside down for a while are some of the horrified experiences that we went through.But now-a-days packaging has improved to almost a supreme extent and this is no exception.It has a nice green flip cap and I can control the amount I want with the pressure of my thumb.I am more comfortable with it rather than a pump as the shampoo in a pumping dispenser sometimes tend to spatter and flies off.The cap here is tight though easy to open.The shampoo has an intense relaxing fragrance of fruit and oil where as the intensity is a little less in the conditioner.I have not used it by far but the fragrance itself gave me a rejuvenating 'spa at home' feeling.
Image result for quotes on hairI now have a medium dry hair with a little shine.I loose my hair quite frequently now-a days due to some medicine input and experience split ends sometimes.The health of my hair has deteriorated over few years. Hence, I am looking forward to having a healthy,nourished and lustrous,soft hair.
So, good bye everybody.Let me use them at least 10-12 times and I would get back again after 30 days with an illustrated review article.I wish my hair would speak for me , not me.Have a look at my hair and I would upload a picture after one month.
Image result for garnier fructis triple nutrition shampoo and conditionerLooking forward to a happy fruity hair care experience ..................                                             





ref : 
Buying behaviour of rural and urban consumers in India:the impact of packaging,Subhas.c Kundu
Hair Foundation : http://www.hairfoundation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment